Big Train Farm accepts SNAP/EBT benefits as payment for CSA shares
The Quick FAQs:
- When you sign up, select that you will be paying with SNAP/EBT benefits.
- There is no advance payment.
- You will pay incrementally every 14 days (every other Thursday)
- Show up every week for the duration of the CSA season (June – November) to pick up your veggies!
How Much Does It Cost?
- Due to a very generous collaboration with Farm Fresh Rhode Island’s Bonus Bucks Program, we are currently able to extend a 50% discount to the total cost of CSA shares with SNAP payment!
- This program is funded by the Food Insecurity Nutrition Incentive Program.
- Full Share Bi-Weekly Cost: $29.80 (Yearly Cost: $387.50)
- 3/4 Share Bi-Weekly Cost: $23.07 (Yearly Cost: $300)
- Half Share Bi-Weekly Cost: $15.38 (Yearly Cost: $200)
How Does It Work?
- Bring your SNAP/EBT card to the Thursday CSA pickup, when you pick up your vegetables.
- We swipe your EBT card right there, enter the dollar amount, and send you the receipt via email or text message.
- We charge you every two weeks for the duration of the CSA season (June – November).
What Can I Get?
- Vegetables shares through Big Train Farm ONLY
- Shares that we offer through collaboration with other producers (i.e., meat, fruit, flowers, etc) are not covered under this program at this time.
Still Have Questions?